Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 3:21 pm
Larry Fitzgerald: 'We're desperate for a win'
Despite his experience with such skids, Fitzgerald is desperate for the streak to end, and chose an interesting analogy to sum up the team's feelings.
"You ever been in a pool and struggling for air and how hard you fight to get to the top," Fitzgerald asked. "That's kind of how we all feel right now, we're drowning and we're struggling and fighting to do anything we can to get to the top.
"We're desperate. We're desperate for a win."
If there's a silver lining to the situation the Cardinals are currently facing, it's that they'll take on a 4-7 team Sunday that is in apparent disarray -- the New York Jets.
Despite their recent struggles, Fitzgerald knows the Jets defense still presents a tough challenge.
"They're really good, they're playing good football," Fitzgerald said. "They've got some Pro Bowl talent over there and a really strong linebacker crew that can get after the quarterback.
"It's going to be a tough game against a team that we're not very familiar with, so we've just got to put in the extra time."
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.