Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 3:21 pm
Larry Fitzgerald: 'We're desperate for a win'
Despite his experience with such skids, Fitzgerald is desperate for the streak to end, and chose an interesting analogy to sum up the team's feelings.
"You ever been in a pool and struggling for air and how hard you fight to get to the top," Fitzgerald asked. "That's kind of how we all feel right now, we're drowning and we're struggling and fighting to do anything we can to get to the top.
"We're desperate. We're desperate for a win."
If there's a silver lining to the situation the Cardinals are currently facing, it's that they'll take on a 4-7 team Sunday that is in apparent disarray -- the New York Jets.
Despite their recent struggles, Fitzgerald knows the Jets defense still presents a tough challenge.
"They're really good, they're playing good football," Fitzgerald said. "They've got some Pro Bowl talent over there and a really strong linebacker crew that can get after the quarterback.
"It's going to be a tough game against a team that we're not very familiar with, so we've just got to put in the extra time."
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.