Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 1:18 pm
Warner on Lindley: ‘I've liked what I've seen'
After starting the season with John Skelton under center, injuries and a general lack of productivity at the position leaves the Cardinals still searching for answers in Week 13.
The latest gunslinger getting an opportunity is rookie Ryan Lindley.
In his first start last week against the St. Louis Rams, Lindley impressed former Cardinals quarterback and current NFL analyst Kurt Warner.
"I‘ve liked what I've seen," Warner said. "I think he has done some really good things. I saw him make some really nice reads and throws down the field."
Warner especially liked what he saw out of the rookie early in Sunday's 31-17 loss.
"I saw some upside," Warner said. "Early on, the drives he put together, the accuracy, the decisions, I thought were really good."
Lindley threw for 312 and completed 59.6 percent of his pass, but he also threw four interceptions.
"I think you saw some rookie things come up as the game got away from the Cardinals a little bit," Warner said. "He started pressing a little bit and made some mistakes in the game."
Despite some rookie mistakes, Warner is confident in the former San Diego State Aztec's potential.
"I have been happy with what I have seen early on knowing that it is just the early part of his career," Warner said. "I think he is going to get better. You see good potential in different aspects of his game."
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.