Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 3:52 pm
Kurt Warner sees frustration in Larry Fitzgerald
From 2007-2009, Fitzgerald caught 293 passes for 3,932 yards and 35 touchdowns.
He was dominant, gaining a reputation for being one of the league's best receivers.
Life has not been the same since Warner retired, though, with Fitzgerald's numbers slipping to the point where they are now: 11 games, 55 catches, 627 yards, four touchdowns.
Fitzgerald's struggles -- along with those of the Cardinals themselves -- have led to the Pro Bowler being visibly frustrated on the field, which is something his former quarterback has picked up on.
"I think any great player wants the ball in their hands as much as they possibly can," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Friday. "Yeah, I don't think there's any question Larry is used to having more success."
Warner, who is an analyst for the NFL Network, noted he thinks Fitzgerald cares more about winning than individual stats, so his mediocre start to the season was an afterthought when the Cardinals were 4-0.
"And then when you get into those stretches where you're not winning and you don't feel like you're able to really impact the game like you want to and like you can, that gets frustrating for any playmaker."
Fitzgerald and the Cardinals will look to both get back on track Sunday in New York against the Jets. It's the first time the teams have met since 2008, where the Cardinals lost 56-35.
Warner threw for 472 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions on the day, while Fitzgerald caught eight passes for 122 yards.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.