Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 3:52 pm
Kurt Warner sees frustration in Larry Fitzgerald
From 2007-2009, Fitzgerald caught 293 passes for 3,932 yards and 35 touchdowns.
He was dominant, gaining a reputation for being one of the league's best receivers.
Life has not been the same since Warner retired, though, with Fitzgerald's numbers slipping to the point where they are now: 11 games, 55 catches, 627 yards, four touchdowns.
Fitzgerald's struggles -- along with those of the Cardinals themselves -- have led to the Pro Bowler being visibly frustrated on the field, which is something his former quarterback has picked up on.
"I think any great player wants the ball in their hands as much as they possibly can," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Friday. "Yeah, I don't think there's any question Larry is used to having more success."
Warner, who is an analyst for the NFL Network, noted he thinks Fitzgerald cares more about winning than individual stats, so his mediocre start to the season was an afterthought when the Cardinals were 4-0.
"And then when you get into those stretches where you're not winning and you don't feel like you're able to really impact the game like you want to and like you can, that gets frustrating for any playmaker."
Fitzgerald and the Cardinals will look to both get back on track Sunday in New York against the Jets. It's the first time the teams have met since 2008, where the Cardinals lost 56-35.
Warner threw for 472 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions on the day, while Fitzgerald caught eight passes for 122 yards.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.