Updated Dec 1, 2012 - 5:26 pm
Analyst: Have little faith in Sanchez, but less in Lindley
Not only did he throw four interceptions on the day, Lindley of course also became a footnote, as cornerback Janoris Jenkins became the first rookie in Rams history to return two interceptions back for touchdowns in the same game.
Combine that with the fact he completed less than 60-percent of his passes and failed to connect with Larry Fitzgerald after the first quarter, and it's safe to say things cannot get much worse for Lindley over the final five weeks of the season.
Nonetheless, it's important when evaluating the 23-year-old to remember that he's less than a year removed from San Diego State, and that rarely are sixth-round selections anything more than projects during their rookie season.
Speaking on the Football Today Podcast, Tucker was asked to address the Cardinals' game Sunday against the New York Jets and wasted little time going after Arizona's rookie quarterback.
"I don't have a ton of faith in Mark Sanchez, but I have less in Ryan Lindley," Tucker said. "Watching that guy play against the Rams, he threw some of the worst passes I've ever seen in the NFL.
"Those interceptions were just awful."
Lindley was not known for his accuracy coming out of college, and that will definitely be a point of emphasis over the final few weeks of the season. With that said, taking shots at a quarterback with 72 career attempts is a bit much.
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?