Cardinals' Dockett involved in incident with Kerry Rhodes
When asked about the matter on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt would not divulge much information.
"We generally prefer to keep internal matters like that within the team and not discuss them publicly," he said. "I think we're going to continue to do that going forward."
Sources close to the situation say that Dockett reportedly spit in Rhodes' face late in the game as the Jets were nearing the Cardinals' goal line.
The same sources indicate that Dockett could be facing a one-game suspension without pay for his part in the incident.
Tuesday morning, Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com wrote a blog post including a quote from Rhodes who says Dockett didn't spit in his face, but there was an incident.
Rhodes was arguably the best defensive player in the game, collecting a pair of interceptions and a forced fumble to go along with six tackles.
The Cardinals lost the game to the New York Jets by a score of 7-6. It is Arizona's eighth-straight loss following four consecutive wins to begin the season.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?