Cardinals' Dockett involved in incident with Kerry Rhodes
When asked about the matter on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt would not divulge much information.
"We generally prefer to keep internal matters like that within the team and not discuss them publicly," he said. "I think we're going to continue to do that going forward."
Sources close to the situation say that Dockett reportedly spit in Rhodes' face late in the game as the Jets were nearing the Cardinals' goal line.
The same sources indicate that Dockett could be facing a one-game suspension without pay for his part in the incident.
Tuesday morning, Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com wrote a blog post including a quote from Rhodes who says Dockett didn't spit in his face, but there was an incident.
Rhodes was arguably the best defensive player in the game, collecting a pair of interceptions and a forced fumble to go along with six tackles.
The Cardinals lost the game to the New York Jets by a score of 7-6. It is Arizona's eighth-straight loss following four consecutive wins to begin the season.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.