Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:03 pm
Dan Williams says Ray Horton's scheme is reason for success
"I just think that he has us very prepared, the way he breaks down film, he breaks down teams and tells us their tendencies," defensive tackle Dan Williams said of Horton. "It makes your job a little easier to have a coach that really breaks down film well."
The Cardinals limited the Jets to just seven points and 289 yards of offense, and forced four turnovers on the day.
Williams tallied a team-leading 10 tackles against New York, including six solo stops.
"Coach Horton had a great game plan coming into the game; I think for the most part we did do a good job executing the game plan," Williams said. "The Jets made a few good plays but for the most part we stuck with Coach Horton's game plan and it worked out good for us. We just didn't get the W."
Even dating back to the end of last season Horton's name has appeared in rumors and conversations regarding head coaching positions. His game planning and scheme on the defensive side of the ball have made him an attractive target.
"If you look at it, you pretty much know what the other team is going to do and he just does a great job," said Williams. "The whole defensive staff, they do a great job of preparing us each week."
The Cardinals rank seventh in total team defense and third in passing defense, with the only real negative being the run defense, which ranks 24th in the NFL allowing nearly 129 yards rushing per game.
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.