Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:03 pm
Dan Williams says Ray Horton's scheme is reason for success
"I just think that he has us very prepared, the way he breaks down film, he breaks down teams and tells us their tendencies," defensive tackle Dan Williams said of Horton. "It makes your job a little easier to have a coach that really breaks down film well."
The Cardinals limited the Jets to just seven points and 289 yards of offense, and forced four turnovers on the day.
Williams tallied a team-leading 10 tackles against New York, including six solo stops.
"Coach Horton had a great game plan coming into the game; I think for the most part we did do a good job executing the game plan," Williams said. "The Jets made a few good plays but for the most part we stuck with Coach Horton's game plan and it worked out good for us. We just didn't get the W."
Even dating back to the end of last season Horton's name has appeared in rumors and conversations regarding head coaching positions. His game planning and scheme on the defensive side of the ball have made him an attractive target.
"If you look at it, you pretty much know what the other team is going to do and he just does a great job," said Williams. "The whole defensive staff, they do a great job of preparing us each week."
The Cardinals rank seventh in total team defense and third in passing defense, with the only real negative being the run defense, which ranks 24th in the NFL allowing nearly 129 yards rushing per game.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b