Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:37 pm
Lenon on losing streak: ‘You can't force things'
During his 12 year NFL career, he has been on plenty of successful teams and even more teams that have struggled, much like the 2012 Arizona Cardinals.
Lenon joined Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday and talked about what it takes to be a good team and what the Cardinals must do to end their losing streak.
"What you want to try to do is be consistent throughout the entire game," Lenon said. "That is really the difference between the teams that win and the teams that lose games. There is a lack of consistency."
Lenon explained that being consistent means "being the same guy, not only every game, but every practice."
What makes the Cardinals' losing streak most disappointing is the fact that Lenon and the defense have been rather consistent this season.
"It is definitely frustrating to work as hard as you work and come up empty handed on Sunday," Lenon said. "But I think if you are a true competitor and a professional, you go out that and play a certain way regardless."
Because the Cardinals have come up short in each of the past eight games, Lenon thinks the most important thing for the Cardinals to do is to stay focused on doing their responsibilities.
"You can't force things to happen," Lenon said. "You still have to continue to play technique, sound football."
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.