Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:37 pm
Lenon on losing streak: ‘You can't force things'
During his 12 year NFL career, he has been on plenty of successful teams and even more teams that have struggled, much like the 2012 Arizona Cardinals.
Lenon joined Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday and talked about what it takes to be a good team and what the Cardinals must do to end their losing streak.
"What you want to try to do is be consistent throughout the entire game," Lenon said. "That is really the difference between the teams that win and the teams that lose games. There is a lack of consistency."
Lenon explained that being consistent means "being the same guy, not only every game, but every practice."
What makes the Cardinals' losing streak most disappointing is the fact that Lenon and the defense have been rather consistent this season.
"It is definitely frustrating to work as hard as you work and come up empty handed on Sunday," Lenon said. "But I think if you are a true competitor and a professional, you go out that and play a certain way regardless."
Because the Cardinals have come up short in each of the past eight games, Lenon thinks the most important thing for the Cardinals to do is to stay focused on doing their responsibilities.
"You can't force things to happen," Lenon said. "You still have to continue to play technique, sound football."
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.