Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:37 pm
Lenon on losing streak: ‘You can't force things'
During his 12 year NFL career, he has been on plenty of successful teams and even more teams that have struggled, much like the 2012 Arizona Cardinals.
Lenon joined Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday and talked about what it takes to be a good team and what the Cardinals must do to end their losing streak.
"What you want to try to do is be consistent throughout the entire game," Lenon said. "That is really the difference between the teams that win and the teams that lose games. There is a lack of consistency."
Lenon explained that being consistent means "being the same guy, not only every game, but every practice."
What makes the Cardinals' losing streak most disappointing is the fact that Lenon and the defense have been rather consistent this season.
"It is definitely frustrating to work as hard as you work and come up empty handed on Sunday," Lenon said. "But I think if you are a true competitor and a professional, you go out that and play a certain way regardless."
Because the Cardinals have come up short in each of the past eight games, Lenon thinks the most important thing for the Cardinals to do is to stay focused on doing their responsibilities.
"You can't force things to happen," Lenon said. "You still have to continue to play technique, sound football."
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.