Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:32 pm
Cardinals brass discussing coaching position?
The Cardinals have lost eight consecutive games and every shred of momentum that was built during a 4-0 start is now a distant memory.
Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com circulated a report Monday that the Cardinals are having internal discussions about defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Given that the team's defense has had little to do with the team's eight-game losing streak, the fair inference is that the Cards are considering firing coach Ken Whisenhunt and promoting Horton to interim head coach.
Horton interviewed for St. Louis' head coaching position last season before the Rams settled on Jeff Fisher, and is expected to be a candidate for openings around the league this offseason.
Under Horton's watch this season, the Cardinals defense ranks seventh in the league.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.