Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:32 pm
Cardinals brass discussing coaching position?
The Cardinals have lost eight consecutive games and every shred of momentum that was built during a 4-0 start is now a distant memory.
Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com circulated a report Monday that the Cardinals are having internal discussions about defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Given that the team's defense has had little to do with the team's eight-game losing streak, the fair inference is that the Cards are considering firing coach Ken Whisenhunt and promoting Horton to interim head coach.
Horton interviewed for St. Louis' head coaching position last season before the Rams settled on Jeff Fisher, and is expected to be a candidate for openings around the league this offseason.
Under Horton's watch this season, the Cardinals defense ranks seventh in the league.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.