Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 3:34 pm
Todd Heap released by Cardinals
Heap has been bothered by a knee injury suffered in Week 2 in a win over the New England Patriots and hasn't played since.
In two games this season, Heap caught eight passes for 94 yards. In his injury-plagued two-season stint with Arizona, Heap had 32 receptions for 377 yards and and one touchdown in only 12 games.
The veteran from Mesa Mountain View High School and Arizona State University has 499 catches for 5,869 yards and 42 touchdowns in his 12-year career.
Heap will be replaced on the roster by tight end Kory Sperry, who the Cardinals signed Tuesday. Sperry spent the last two seasons with the San Diego Chargers but was released following training camp in August.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest paid CB
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.