Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 3:34 pm
Todd Heap released by Cardinals
Heap has been bothered by a knee injury suffered in Week 2 in a win over the New England Patriots and hasn't played since.
In two games this season, Heap caught eight passes for 94 yards. In his injury-plagued two-season stint with Arizona, Heap had 32 receptions for 377 yards and and one touchdown in only 12 games.
The veteran from Mesa Mountain View High School and Arizona State University has 499 catches for 5,869 yards and 42 touchdowns in his 12-year career.
Heap will be replaced on the roster by tight end Kory Sperry, who the Cardinals signed Tuesday. Sperry spent the last two seasons with the San Diego Chargers but was released following training camp in August.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.