Updated Dec 5, 2012 - 10:33 am
Patrick Peterson among NFL's most versatile players
However, the second-year pro can do so much more, which was recognized in an ESPN Insider piece presenting the 'NFL's 10 most versatile players'.
Peterson has great ball awareness and ball skills at cornerback and is probably the best punt returner in the league right now. With four punt returns for touchdowns last season, teams have kicked away from him this season, but he remains a threat. As a corner, Peterson is long-armed, has great recovery speed and is tough. He has a sense of where the ball is when his back is turned, but he is still too loose in his hips and peeks into the backfield too much. He'll get beat by guys because he is not playing the proper technique, but most of the time, his talent makes up for some fundamental issues that he can improve upon.
For the season, Peterson has five interceptions to go along with 39 tackles, though he has yet to reach the end zone on a pick or punt return, and he's averaging nearly half as many yards per return as he did last season.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.