Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 8:01 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Kerry Rhodes on Dockett argument: 'We're past it'
Kerry Rhodes is not holding a grudge against teammate Darnell Dockett after an on-field incident occurred between the two at the end of Sunday's loss to the New York Jets.
"It is what it is. It was just something that happened in the heat of the moment for us," Rhodes told Arizona Sports 620's The Big Red Rage on Thursday.
Dockett apologized to Rhodes on Wednesday for the argument that transpired between the two.
It is believed Dockett was upset with the decision to allow the Jets to score at the end of the game so the Cardinals could get the ball back and go for the winning touchdown.
The Cardinals were down 7-6 and the only way they could regain possession was on a turnover or a Jets score. The issue became moot when the Jets downed the ball at Arizona's 1-yard line and New York ran out the clock.
Rhodes did not divulge any specifics of the argument between the two but he said the issue is behind them and they are both ready to move forward.
"We had a disagreement on the field and as two grown men, two adults, you have those a lot and especially as teammates," Rhodes said. "We're past it. There's really nothing to it."
Rhodes had two interceptions, a forced fumble and six tackles against the Jets. Dockett was credited with four tackles and half a sack in the loss.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.