Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 2:03 pm
Horton on Russell Wilson: 'He is impressive'
At the beginning of the season, the undersized rookie from Wisconsin was overshadowed by fellow first-year signal callers Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. However entering Week 14, Wilson finds himself competing with them for the Offensive Rookie of the Year Award.
"He is impressive," Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton said of Wilson.
The Cardinals beat Wilson in the season opener, but Horton knows that he has his work cut out for him if he wants to do it again.
"Obviously we played him in the first game, I saw all his preseason games, saw all his regular season games and (he is) tremendous," Horton said. "Real accurate with the ball, makes a ton of plays with his feet, has command of the offense and if you didn't know he was a rookie you wouldn't think he was."
Horton feels that Wilson's mobility is one of the key reasons the former Badger is so hard to stop.
"He just trusts it more and he just makes so many plays that a less mobile quarterback wouldn't be able to make," Horton said.
This time last season, the Seahawks were 5-7 and looking at the playoff picture from a far. However this season, they are 7-5 and appear to be front runners for a wildcard spot.
According to Horton, Wilson is the reason the Seahawks have gotten so much better.
"I think it is everything. Last year they had a mobile, athletic quarterback in (Tarvaris) Jackson, but they didn't go far," Horton said. "I would put all of it on him (Wilson)."
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.