Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 2:03 pm
Horton on Russell Wilson: 'He is impressive'
At the beginning of the season, the undersized rookie from Wisconsin was overshadowed by fellow first-year signal callers Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. However entering Week 14, Wilson finds himself competing with them for the Offensive Rookie of the Year Award.
"He is impressive," Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton said of Wilson.
The Cardinals beat Wilson in the season opener, but Horton knows that he has his work cut out for him if he wants to do it again.
"Obviously we played him in the first game, I saw all his preseason games, saw all his regular season games and (he is) tremendous," Horton said. "Real accurate with the ball, makes a ton of plays with his feet, has command of the offense and if you didn't know he was a rookie you wouldn't think he was."
Horton feels that Wilson's mobility is one of the key reasons the former Badger is so hard to stop.
"He just trusts it more and he just makes so many plays that a less mobile quarterback wouldn't be able to make," Horton said.
This time last season, the Seahawks were 5-7 and looking at the playoff picture from a far. However this season, they are 7-5 and appear to be front runners for a wildcard spot.
According to Horton, Wilson is the reason the Seahawks have gotten so much better.
"I think it is everything. Last year they had a mobile, athletic quarterback in (Tarvaris) Jackson, but they didn't go far," Horton said. "I would put all of it on him (Wilson)."
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b