Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 2:03 pm
Horton on Russell Wilson: 'He is impressive'
At the beginning of the season, the undersized rookie from Wisconsin was overshadowed by fellow first-year signal callers Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. However entering Week 14, Wilson finds himself competing with them for the Offensive Rookie of the Year Award.
"He is impressive," Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton said of Wilson.
The Cardinals beat Wilson in the season opener, but Horton knows that he has his work cut out for him if he wants to do it again.
"Obviously we played him in the first game, I saw all his preseason games, saw all his regular season games and (he is) tremendous," Horton said. "Real accurate with the ball, makes a ton of plays with his feet, has command of the offense and if you didn't know he was a rookie you wouldn't think he was."
Horton feels that Wilson's mobility is one of the key reasons the former Badger is so hard to stop.
"He just trusts it more and he just makes so many plays that a less mobile quarterback wouldn't be able to make," Horton said.
This time last season, the Seahawks were 5-7 and looking at the playoff picture from a far. However this season, they are 7-5 and appear to be front runners for a wildcard spot.
According to Horton, Wilson is the reason the Seahawks have gotten so much better.
"I think it is everything. Last year they had a mobile, athletic quarterback in (Tarvaris) Jackson, but they didn't go far," Horton said. "I would put all of it on him (Wilson)."
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.