Report: Darnell Dockett fined $200,000 for spat with Kerry Rhodes
Unfortunately for Dockett, the organization apparently wasn't as content to simply move on from the situation.
I'm hearing that Darnell Dockett has been fined six figures from the Cardinals organization, & could have a limited role vs. Seattle.— Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki) December 7, 2012
The fine will be the fourth of Dockett's career.
In 2011, he incurred a $15,000 fine for a late hit on former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Mike Williams. In 2010, he was docked $5,000 for using Twitter less than 90 minutes before kick-off in the team's Week 1 win over the St. Louis Rams. Six weeks later, Dockett was again forced to open his check book for $7,500 dollars after pressing his elbow in the neck area of then-Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselback.
If the team hands down any sort of in-game suspension, it would be the first of its kind in the three-time Pro Bowler's career.
Dockett was last suspended in college for Florida State's 2003 Sugar Bowl Game against Georgia.
But from the looks of it, we might not have heard the last from Dockett on this situation.
He tweeted this out Friday night:
Thank God for the @nflpa that's all I got to say... "I ain't got no worries"— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) December 8, 2012
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.