Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 1:38 pm
Report: Darnell Dockett fined $200,000 for spat with Kerry Rhodes
Unfortunately for Dockett, the organization apparently wasn't as content to simply move on from the situation.
I'm hearing that Darnell Dockett has been fined six figures from the Cardinals organization, & could have a limited role vs. Seattle.— Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki) December 7, 2012
The fine will be the fourth of Dockett's career.
In 2011, he incurred a $15,000 fine for a late hit on former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Mike Williams. In 2010, he was docked $5,000 for using Twitter less than 90 minutes before kick-off in the team's Week 1 win over the St. Louis Rams. Six weeks later, Dockett was again forced to open his check book for $7,500 dollars after pressing his elbow in the neck area of then-Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselback.
If the team hands down any sort of in-game suspension, it would be the first of its kind in the three-time Pro Bowler's career.
Dockett was last suspended in college for Florida State's 2003 Sugar Bowl Game against Georgia.
But from the looks of it, we might not have heard the last from Dockett on this situation.
He tweeted this out Friday night:
Thank God for the @nflpa that's all I got to say... "I ain't got no worries"— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) December 8, 2012
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.