Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 1:38 pm
Report: Darnell Dockett fined $200,000 for spat with Kerry Rhodes
Unfortunately for Dockett, the organization apparently wasn't as content to simply move on from the situation.
I'm hearing that Darnell Dockett has been fined six figures from the Cardinals organization, & could have a limited role vs. Seattle.— Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki) December 7, 2012
The fine will be the fourth of Dockett's career.
In 2011, he incurred a $15,000 fine for a late hit on former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Mike Williams. In 2010, he was docked $5,000 for using Twitter less than 90 minutes before kick-off in the team's Week 1 win over the St. Louis Rams. Six weeks later, Dockett was again forced to open his check book for $7,500 dollars after pressing his elbow in the neck area of then-Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselback.
If the team hands down any sort of in-game suspension, it would be the first of its kind in the three-time Pro Bowler's career.
Dockett was last suspended in college for Florida State's 2003 Sugar Bowl Game against Georgia.
But from the looks of it, we might not have heard the last from Dockett on this situation.
He tweeted this out Friday night:
Thank God for the @nflpa that's all I got to say... "I ain't got no worries"— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) December 8, 2012
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.