Prescott submits proposal to host Arizona Cardinals camp
The City of Prescott submitted a proposal Friday to become the new host of the Arizona Cardinals training camp.
In the proposal, the city said it was working in cooperation with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and others to bring the team to Prescott, whose three-year deal with Northern Arizona University expired at the conclusion of the 2012 camp.
"Our goal is to provide a new, permanent summer home for the Cardinals as part of a sports complex that would offer nearly year-round opportunities for youth and amateur sports events and camps," said David Maurer, Prescott Chamber CEO in a press release. "Until the sports complex is built, Embry-Riddle would house the training camp for at least one year."
Earlier this week, the team requested the city of Glendale consider hosting the team's camp.
The Cardinals have held camp at NAU for the past 25 years.
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Report says Andre Roberts agrees to deal with Redskins
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?