Prescott submits proposal to host Arizona Cardinals camp
The City of Prescott submitted a proposal Friday to become the new host of the Arizona Cardinals training camp.
In the proposal, the city said it was working in cooperation with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and others to bring the team to Prescott, whose three-year deal with Northern Arizona University expired at the conclusion of the 2012 camp.
"Our goal is to provide a new, permanent summer home for the Cardinals as part of a sports complex that would offer nearly year-round opportunities for youth and amateur sports events and camps," said David Maurer, Prescott Chamber CEO in a press release. "Until the sports complex is built, Embry-Riddle would house the training camp for at least one year."
Earlier this week, the team requested the city of Glendale consider hosting the team's camp.
The Cardinals have held camp at NAU for the past 25 years.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.