Prescott submits proposal to host Arizona Cardinals camp
The City of Prescott submitted a proposal Friday to become the new host of the Arizona Cardinals training camp.
In the proposal, the city said it was working in cooperation with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and others to bring the team to Prescott, whose three-year deal with Northern Arizona University expired at the conclusion of the 2012 camp.
"Our goal is to provide a new, permanent summer home for the Cardinals as part of a sports complex that would offer nearly year-round opportunities for youth and amateur sports events and camps," said David Maurer, Prescott Chamber CEO in a press release. "Until the sports complex is built, Embry-Riddle would house the training camp for at least one year."
Earlier this week, the team requested the city of Glendale consider hosting the team's camp.
The Cardinals have held camp at NAU for the past 25 years.
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.