Prescott submits proposal to host Arizona Cardinals camp
The City of Prescott submitted a proposal Friday to become the new host of the Arizona Cardinals training camp.
In the proposal, the city said it was working in cooperation with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and others to bring the team to Prescott, whose three-year deal with Northern Arizona University expired at the conclusion of the 2012 camp.
"Our goal is to provide a new, permanent summer home for the Cardinals as part of a sports complex that would offer nearly year-round opportunities for youth and amateur sports events and camps," said David Maurer, Prescott Chamber CEO in a press release. "Until the sports complex is built, Embry-Riddle would house the training camp for at least one year."
Earlier this week, the team requested the city of Glendale consider hosting the team's camp.
The Cardinals have held camp at NAU for the past 25 years.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.