Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 5:38 pm
Huard: 'Would feel better' if QB Lindley started
The Cardinals have lost their last eight games while the Seahawks have won three of their last four.
After pulling him two weeks ago for rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley, head coach Ken Whisenhunt has named John Skelton his starting quarterback once again.
All the while, the Seahawks have been thriving with rookie sensation Russell Wilson under center.
So on paper, you would think the Seahawks have this in the bag, right?
Brock Huard, co-host of the Brock and Salk Show on 710 ESPN Seattle and former NFL quarterback, doesn't think that's the case, and the reason is Skelton.
"I don't like the fact as a Seahawk rooting desperately for the Seahawks on Sunday to keep this thing going. I don't like the fact that Skelton is getting another lease on life," Huard said on Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Huard mentioned that Skelton has already started and won two games against the Seahawks in his career and feels that Sunday's game might be the quarterback's last chance to establish himself.
"If you are in his shoes, you have got to feel like, and his significant other and his agent and his family have got to be making sure he knows what an opportunity he has," Huard said. "You don't know if you are ever going to get one of these again if you're John Skelton."
Huard said that he "would feel better if it was Lindley quarterbacking" and that he was "surprised" that the Cardinals ever started him.
"To me, from a far in studying him collegiately and everything else, he was a nice player in college but he had a long ways to go before he started," Huard said. "I thought that was a move of desperation by [Ken] Whisenhunt."
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.