Huard: 'Would feel better' if QB Lindley started
The Cardinals have lost their last eight games while the Seahawks have won three of their last four.
After pulling him two weeks ago for rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley, head coach Ken Whisenhunt has named John Skelton his starting quarterback once again.
All the while, the Seahawks have been thriving with rookie sensation Russell Wilson under center.
So on paper, you would think the Seahawks have this in the bag, right?
Brock Huard, co-host of the Brock and Salk Show on 710 ESPN Seattle and former NFL quarterback, doesn't think that's the case, and the reason is Skelton.
"I don't like the fact as a Seahawk rooting desperately for the Seahawks on Sunday to keep this thing going. I don't like the fact that Skelton is getting another lease on life," Huard said on Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Huard mentioned that Skelton has already started and won two games against the Seahawks in his career and feels that Sunday's game might be the quarterback's last chance to establish himself.
"If you are in his shoes, you have got to feel like, and his significant other and his agent and his family have got to be making sure he knows what an opportunity he has," Huard said. "You don't know if you are ever going to get one of these again if you're John Skelton."
Huard said that he "would feel better if it was Lindley quarterbacking" and that he was "surprised" that the Cardinals ever started him.
"To me, from a far in studying him collegiately and everything else, he was a nice player in college but he had a long ways to go before he started," Huard said. "I thought that was a move of desperation by [Ken] Whisenhunt."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.