Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 5:38 pm
Huard: 'Would feel better' if QB Lindley started
The Cardinals have lost their last eight games while the Seahawks have won three of their last four.
After pulling him two weeks ago for rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley, head coach Ken Whisenhunt has named John Skelton his starting quarterback once again.
All the while, the Seahawks have been thriving with rookie sensation Russell Wilson under center.
So on paper, you would think the Seahawks have this in the bag, right?
Brock Huard, co-host of the Brock and Salk Show on 710 ESPN Seattle and former NFL quarterback, doesn't think that's the case, and the reason is Skelton.
"I don't like the fact as a Seahawk rooting desperately for the Seahawks on Sunday to keep this thing going. I don't like the fact that Skelton is getting another lease on life," Huard said on Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Huard mentioned that Skelton has already started and won two games against the Seahawks in his career and feels that Sunday's game might be the quarterback's last chance to establish himself.
"If you are in his shoes, you have got to feel like, and his significant other and his agent and his family have got to be making sure he knows what an opportunity he has," Huard said. "You don't know if you are ever going to get one of these again if you're John Skelton."
Huard said that he "would feel better if it was Lindley quarterbacking" and that he was "surprised" that the Cardinals ever started him.
"To me, from a far in studying him collegiately and everything else, he was a nice player in college but he had a long ways to go before he started," Huard said. "I thought that was a move of desperation by [Ken] Whisenhunt."
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!