Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 1:38 pm
Dockett on faith in Whisenhunt: 'No comment'
Speculation is running wild on a couple of fronts. First, whether or not the Cardinals quit on head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who's coaching seat got noticeably hotter following the loss.
"I can't comment on that, I have no comment," defensive tackle Darnell Dockett said Monday when asked about whether the confidence in Whisenhunt has faded in recent weeks .
Dockett was fined a hefty amount by the Cardinals organization last week for his part in an on-field disagreement with teammate Kerry Rhodes over a directive from the coaching staff to let the New York Jets score in the latter stages of the game. Dockett disagreed with the instructions, but it was for naught because Jets running back Shonn Greene fell down on his own short of the goal line, killing the clock in an ugly 7-6 win.
Dockett also started the game on the bench as a result, and played in only 55% of the snaps on defense.
Following the discipline, Dockett was asked if he's still happy wearing Cardinal red.
"I don't know, I don't know," he responded. "I'm a hell of a competitor, I love what I do, I take what I do serious and I hold a lot of guys accountable and whatever situation comes my way, I'll be prepared for it."
There were many who witnessed the game Sunday that believe the Arizona Cardinals quit as a football team. That group includes Larry Fitzgerald's father, who made the proclamation on Twitter at halftime of the blowout loss.
"That's his opinion, I can't speak for no one else, I only can speak for Darnell Dockett," he said. "I can only say I didn't quit, and that's the best way I can put it."
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?