Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 1:38 pm
Dockett on faith in Whisenhunt: 'No comment'
Speculation is running wild on a couple of fronts. First, whether or not the Cardinals quit on head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who's coaching seat got noticeably hotter following the loss.
"I can't comment on that, I have no comment," defensive tackle Darnell Dockett said Monday when asked about whether the confidence in Whisenhunt has faded in recent weeks .
Dockett was fined a hefty amount by the Cardinals organization last week for his part in an on-field disagreement with teammate Kerry Rhodes over a directive from the coaching staff to let the New York Jets score in the latter stages of the game. Dockett disagreed with the instructions, but it was for naught because Jets running back Shonn Greene fell down on his own short of the goal line, killing the clock in an ugly 7-6 win.
Dockett also started the game on the bench as a result, and played in only 55% of the snaps on defense.
Following the discipline, Dockett was asked if he's still happy wearing Cardinal red.
"I don't know, I don't know," he responded. "I'm a hell of a competitor, I love what I do, I take what I do serious and I hold a lot of guys accountable and whatever situation comes my way, I'll be prepared for it."
There were many who witnessed the game Sunday that believe the Arizona Cardinals quit as a football team. That group includes Larry Fitzgerald's father, who made the proclamation on Twitter at halftime of the blowout loss.
"That's his opinion, I can't speak for no one else, I only can speak for Darnell Dockett," he said. "I can only say I didn't quit, and that's the best way I can put it."
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi