Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 4:23 pm
Cardinals claim QB Brian Hoyer on waivers
Hoyer, a fourth-year pro from Michigan State, was waived by the Pittsburgh Steelers last week. In his NFL career with New England and Pittsburgh, Hoyer has completed 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He's played in 13 NFL contests (only one in the last two seasons) and has not started a game in the league.
Hoyer started for more than two seasons at Michigan State, throwing for 6,159 yards and 35 touchdowns.
The Cardinals have had their quarterback issues this season with Kevin Kolb missing the last seven games with a rib injury. Veteran John Skelton and rookie sixth-round draft choice Ryan Lindley have struggled mightily in his absence. The duo has combined for two touchdown passes and 14 interceptions in that span.
To make room for Hoyer, center Rich Ohrnberger was placed on injured reserve. Ohrnberger suffered a knee injury in Sunday's loss to Seattle.
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.