Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 4:23 pm
Cardinals claim QB Brian Hoyer on waivers
Hoyer, a fourth-year pro from Michigan State, was waived by the Pittsburgh Steelers last week. In his NFL career with New England and Pittsburgh, Hoyer has completed 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He's played in 13 NFL contests (only one in the last two seasons) and has not started a game in the league.
Hoyer started for more than two seasons at Michigan State, throwing for 6,159 yards and 35 touchdowns.
The Cardinals have had their quarterback issues this season with Kevin Kolb missing the last seven games with a rib injury. Veteran John Skelton and rookie sixth-round draft choice Ryan Lindley have struggled mightily in his absence. The duo has combined for two touchdown passes and 14 interceptions in that span.
To make room for Hoyer, center Rich Ohrnberger was placed on injured reserve. Ohrnberger suffered a knee injury in Sunday's loss to Seattle.
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.