Arizona Cardinals' John Skelton: Players still have pride
The Cardinals are coming off their worst loss in franchise history, following a 58-0 beatdown by the Seahawks in Seattle on Sunday.
In the loss, starting quarterback John Skelton threw four interceptions and left the game in the third quarter with a QB rating of 0.4, which is the second lowest by any player in a game this season.
"It will be a tough film to watch," Skelton said. "There's a lot of mistakes that need to be corrected. There's a lot of stuff that's wrong that needs to get fixed. So I think we'll take that approach in [Monday's] meetings."
During this current nine game losing streak, the Cardinals have been outscored 231 to 95. Skelton has started six games this season and according to ESPN, his overall QBR is 13.9 in 2012.
"After a 58-nothing loss like that it's hard to come into work. Whether we like it or not, we're playing those next three games," Skelton said. "I think guys have enough pride to come out and still work and still try to get better for the rest of the year."
Through this rough stretch the Cardinals' rankings have plummeted. They are 28th in the league in passing yards and 32nd in rushing.
Despite the team's struggles and inconsistencies, Skelton said the guys in this locker room still believe in head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
"You know when the chips get down, that's when a lot of these rumors start to come out," Skelton stated. "I don't think any of those rumors started inside the locker room or guys are pointing fingers or anything."
The Cards have just three games left on the schedule hosting the Lions this weekend, the Bears on the 23rd and then traveling to San Francisco to face the 49ers to wrap up the season on the 30th.
"It's rough. It just seems like it's been one of those years where anything that can go wrong, will go wrong," Skelton said. "Just gotta take everything in stride and keep on working. Guys are going to continue to come to work as long as they tell us to, so we'll see."
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.