Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 6:56 pm
Arizona Cardinals' John Skelton: Players still have pride
The Cardinals are coming off their worst loss in franchise history, following a 58-0 beatdown by the Seahawks in Seattle on Sunday.
In the loss, starting quarterback John Skelton threw four interceptions and left the game in the third quarter with a QB rating of 0.4, which is the second lowest by any player in a game this season.
"It will be a tough film to watch," Skelton said. "There's a lot of mistakes that need to be corrected. There's a lot of stuff that's wrong that needs to get fixed. So I think we'll take that approach in [Monday's] meetings."
During this current nine game losing streak, the Cardinals have been outscored 231 to 95. Skelton has started six games this season and according to ESPN, his overall QBR is 13.9 in 2012.
"After a 58-nothing loss like that it's hard to come into work. Whether we like it or not, we're playing those next three games," Skelton said. "I think guys have enough pride to come out and still work and still try to get better for the rest of the year."
Through this rough stretch the Cardinals' rankings have plummeted. They are 28th in the league in passing yards and 32nd in rushing.
Despite the team's struggles and inconsistencies, Skelton said the guys in this locker room still believe in head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
"You know when the chips get down, that's when a lot of these rumors start to come out," Skelton stated. "I don't think any of those rumors started inside the locker room or guys are pointing fingers or anything."
The Cards have just three games left on the schedule hosting the Lions this weekend, the Bears on the 23rd and then traveling to San Francisco to face the 49ers to wrap up the season on the 30th.
"It's rough. It just seems like it's been one of those years where anything that can go wrong, will go wrong," Skelton said. "Just gotta take everything in stride and keep on working. Guys are going to continue to come to work as long as they tell us to, so we'll see."
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.