Updated Dec 12, 2012 - 9:47 am
Report: Guard Mike Gibson to join Cardinals
Center Lyle Sendlein tore the MCL in his left knee during the team's Week 12 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
With Sendlein -- who had previously started 80 straight games -- forced to the sidelines for the remainder of the season, Ken Whisenhunt has relied on third-year veteran Rich Ohrnberger to start at center during the team's past two contests.
Ohrnberger, who had played in all 13 games this season, injured his knee in the Cardinals' 58-0 loss to the Seattle Seahawks Sunday and was placed on injured reserve Monday. Arizona replaced his roster spot with veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer, but still wanted some depth over the final three games. And from the looks of it, they may have found it Tuesday.
News: Cardinals signed OG-C Mike Gibson to help their horribly leaky offensive line today.— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) December 11, 2012
Gibson, a former sixth-round pick by the Philadelphia Eagles, has played in just 17 career NFL games. The guard last appeared with the Seattle Seahawks during the 2010 season.
Gibson was previously cut by the Eagles in training camp.
I'm back… glad to be apart of a team again. I am happy to be apart of the AZ cardinals organization.. #GoCards— Mike Gibson (@gibysmalls) December 12, 2012
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.