Updated Dec 12, 2012 - 9:47 am
Report: Guard Mike Gibson to join Cardinals
Center Lyle Sendlein tore the MCL in his left knee during the team's Week 12 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
With Sendlein -- who had previously started 80 straight games -- forced to the sidelines for the remainder of the season, Ken Whisenhunt has relied on third-year veteran Rich Ohrnberger to start at center during the team's past two contests.
Ohrnberger, who had played in all 13 games this season, injured his knee in the Cardinals' 58-0 loss to the Seattle Seahawks Sunday and was placed on injured reserve Monday. Arizona replaced his roster spot with veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer, but still wanted some depth over the final three games. And from the looks of it, they may have found it Tuesday.
News: Cardinals signed OG-C Mike Gibson to help their horribly leaky offensive line today.— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) December 11, 2012
Gibson, a former sixth-round pick by the Philadelphia Eagles, has played in just 17 career NFL games. The guard last appeared with the Seattle Seahawks during the 2010 season.
Gibson was previously cut by the Eagles in training camp.
I'm back… glad to be apart of a team again. I am happy to be apart of the AZ cardinals organization.. #GoCards— Mike Gibson (@gibysmalls) December 12, 2012
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.