Updated Dec 12, 2012 - 2:15 pm
Cardinals' Ryan Lindley will start at QB vs. Lions
"We're going to go with Ryan (Lindley) this week, that's where we ended the game last week," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "He's gotten some experience and you'd like to think that we could progress from that experience and hopefully he'll play well in this game and we'll get an opportunity to see that Sunday."
This will be Lindley's second crack at the starting spot. The former sixth-round pick got his first start in Week 11 against the St. Louis Rams and also got the nod for Arizona's Week 12 loss to the New York Jets.
"It's another opportunity," Lindley said following Wednesday's practice. "You've got to look at it as a blessing to play the game, to get an opportunity to go out there and play with these guys."
Veteran John Skelton started last Sunday at Seattle before being replaced by Lindley in the third quarter of a 58-0 loss.
For the season, Lindley has completed 58-of-120 passes for 507 yards with five interceptions.
"Really, at this point, you've just got to let loose and have some fun with it, and go out and try to win a game," Lindley said.
The Cardinals enter Sunday's game against Detroit riding a nine-game losing streak. The Lions have lost five straight.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?