Updated Dec 12, 2012 - 2:15 pm
Cardinals' Ryan Lindley will start at QB vs. Lions
"We're going to go with Ryan (Lindley) this week, that's where we ended the game last week," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "He's gotten some experience and you'd like to think that we could progress from that experience and hopefully he'll play well in this game and we'll get an opportunity to see that Sunday."
This will be Lindley's second crack at the starting spot. The former sixth-round pick got his first start in Week 11 against the St. Louis Rams and also got the nod for Arizona's Week 12 loss to the New York Jets.
"It's another opportunity," Lindley said following Wednesday's practice. "You've got to look at it as a blessing to play the game, to get an opportunity to go out there and play with these guys."
Veteran John Skelton started last Sunday at Seattle before being replaced by Lindley in the third quarter of a 58-0 loss.
For the season, Lindley has completed 58-of-120 passes for 507 yards with five interceptions.
"Really, at this point, you've just got to let loose and have some fun with it, and go out and try to win a game," Lindley said.
The Cardinals enter Sunday's game against Detroit riding a nine-game losing streak. The Lions have lost five straight.
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi