Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 2:58 pm
New Cardinals QB Hoyer learning as fast as he can
A fourth-year pro out of Michigan State, Hoyer has played in 13 NFL games -- all with the New England Patriots -- completing 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
The Cardinals were looking for depth -- and maybe another option -- at the position. Hoyer, who was most recently with the Pittsburgh Steelers, is just glad to get a chance.
"For me, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can," Hoyer said of his goal going forward.
The 27-year-old said his time with the Steelers will help, as their offensive coordinator, Todd Haley, once held the same position in Arizona.
"I was only there for three weeks," he cautioned. "I was just starting to pick that stuff up."
As for playing, Hoyer said that decision is up to the coaches and he's not going to worry about it. That said, he would of course like to get a chance.
"Anyone wants to play," he said, adding he really never got a chance to play when he was in New England. "As a competitor you want to be on the field, so whatever opportunity is presented to me I want to make sure I'm as ready as I can be."
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.