Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 2:58 pm
New Cardinals QB Hoyer learning as fast as he can
A fourth-year pro out of Michigan State, Hoyer has played in 13 NFL games -- all with the New England Patriots -- completing 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
The Cardinals were looking for depth -- and maybe another option -- at the position. Hoyer, who was most recently with the Pittsburgh Steelers, is just glad to get a chance.
"For me, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can," Hoyer said of his goal going forward.
The 27-year-old said his time with the Steelers will help, as their offensive coordinator, Todd Haley, once held the same position in Arizona.
"I was only there for three weeks," he cautioned. "I was just starting to pick that stuff up."
As for playing, Hoyer said that decision is up to the coaches and he's not going to worry about it. That said, he would of course like to get a chance.
"Anyone wants to play," he said, adding he really never got a chance to play when he was in New England. "As a competitor you want to be on the field, so whatever opportunity is presented to me I want to make sure I'm as ready as I can be."
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.