Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 1:27 pm
ESPN analyst: 'You better get your QB first and foremost'
The Cardinals lost to the Seahawks by a score of 58-0. They turned the ball over eight times and gained 154 yards of total offense.
"When you get games like this, they're literally impossible to explain," Jaworski said.
The Cardinals' quarterback situation plays a role, though, as both John Skelton and Ryan Lindley struggled to do anything positive in Arizona's ninth-straight loss.
"It seems to be a continuation of a problem that has existed for years," Jaworski said.
The analyst noted how this is the time of year when discussions turn to which coaches are on the hot seat and which are likely on their way out. However, he believes it's not so much about the guy calling the plays as the one executing them on the field.
Indeed, a top-flight quarterback can make a coach look good, just as struggles at the position could make a good coach look bad.
"If you don't have that guy, if you don't find that guy, if you don't make the total commitment to get that guy you have no chance for long-term success," Jaworski said. "You might get lucky every once in a while and have a good year, but long-term success depends on a consistent, rock-solid guy under center."
The Cardinals would seem to fit the bill, as they got "lucky" with Kurt Warner but have struggled to find a replacement since the former MVP retired in January 2010.
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.