Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 3:02 pm
Larry Fitzgerald: 'I would love to see everybody come back'
Kolb has played in just 15 of a possible 29 games over the last two years -- with the latter number stretching to 32 at when this season concludes -- and some believe he may have thrown his last pass as a member of the team.
When asked about that, Kolb said he would like to remain a Cardinal for a while.
"My focus is being part of this team for a long time and being the best player that I can be and getting this place back to an elite level," he said. "I'm going to work my tail off to make sure I get there."
Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald may be yearning for Kolb to return more than anyone, as the wideout caught 32 passes for 367 yards and three touchdowns in the five games the former Eagle started compared to just 25 receptions for 285 yards and one score in games he has not.
When asked if he'd like for Kolb to come back next season, Fitzgerald said if he had a choice, no one would be shown the door.
"I love all my teammates and for every one of the 53 men here, I have a relationship with them, I would love to see everybody come back," Fitzgerald said Thursday. "But that's not my decision, that's for management to take care of."
The Cardinals are expected to make some significant changes in the offseason, though it remains to be seen what they will do. The search for a long-term answer at quarterback will continue, though, and if Kolb returns there is a good chance he'll do so with some hearty competition for the job.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.