Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 3:02 pm
Larry Fitzgerald: 'I would love to see everybody come back'
Kolb has played in just 15 of a possible 29 games over the last two years -- with the latter number stretching to 32 at when this season concludes -- and some believe he may have thrown his last pass as a member of the team.
When asked about that, Kolb said he would like to remain a Cardinal for a while.
"My focus is being part of this team for a long time and being the best player that I can be and getting this place back to an elite level," he said. "I'm going to work my tail off to make sure I get there."
Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald may be yearning for Kolb to return more than anyone, as the wideout caught 32 passes for 367 yards and three touchdowns in the five games the former Eagle started compared to just 25 receptions for 285 yards and one score in games he has not.
When asked if he'd like for Kolb to come back next season, Fitzgerald said if he had a choice, no one would be shown the door.
"I love all my teammates and for every one of the 53 men here, I have a relationship with them, I would love to see everybody come back," Fitzgerald said Thursday. "But that's not my decision, that's for management to take care of."
The Cardinals are expected to make some significant changes in the offseason, though it remains to be seen what they will do. The search for a long-term answer at quarterback will continue, though, and if Kolb returns there is a good chance he'll do so with some hearty competition for the job.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.