Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 3:33 pm
ESPN insider: All signs are pointing to Arizona coaching change
Whisenhunt, who has guided the Cardinals to a 44-49 mark over just less than six seasons on the job, has a team that is currently mired in a nine-game losing streak and coming off a historically bad defeat Sunday in Seattle.
It is for those reasons why many fans want him fired, and ESPN NFL insider John Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he thinks that's exactly what's going to happen at the end of the season.
"I think the fact that this is the longest losing streak since 1944 in franchise history, the team looks like it's totally decimated with nothing at the quarterback position," he said. "I think that the way things are going right now, all signs are pointing to a change."
Clayton noted that Whisenhunt would be entering the final year of his contract in 2013, which could force the team to act.
"But based on where it's trending right now for this team, I think it's going to be very difficult, if it continues like this, for him to be back next year."
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.