Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 4:43 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Nick Eason: 'We're all frustrated'
A veteran of nine NFL seasons with three different teams, he is very much aware of what's going on with the Arizona Cardinals right now, and he's not going to lie and say all is well with the team.
"It's tough right now," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "Any time that you lose nine games straight, for me to sit here and say 'oh everything's just great', well it's not great, and it shouldn't be.
"If you care anything about winning football games then you wouldn't be OK with losing nine games or being 4-9."
Eason said everyone, from the players to the coaches, is frustrated right now, and that while they may not express it to the media or in public, no one is happy with how things have gone this season.
That said, there is no friction in the locker room, at least in the way some believe there might be when a team is struggling like the Cardinals.
"Guys just really, at the end of the day, we just want to win games," he said. "We're together, we're not separated by all means, but guys are frustrated.
"They're frustrated because they just want to win."
The Cardinals have just three chances left to do that this season, and with the way things have been going there's a belief they won't. That's in large part because of a league-worst offense that has shown no signs of getting better.
"It's a part of the game," he said of the offense's struggles. "And you need every guy on the 53-man roster to help you to get wins.
"With that being said, we all make mistakes, and a lot of times we all don't get our jobs done."
Eason said as soon as a player starts focusing on someone else not doing their job, his own performance will suffer, so the important thing is to focus on yourself.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.