Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 5:01 pm
Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald staying positive despite skid
Fitzgerald, who earlier this season became the youngest player ever to reach the 700-reception plateau, has been conspicuously absent from the stat sheet during the Arizona Cardinals' nine-game losing streak.
The six-time Pro Bowler has seen his production fall victim to Arizona's shoddy quarterback play. Fitzgerald has caught just six passes for 67 yards over the last four weeks, despite being the targeted receiver on 37 passes over that time span. The continued struggles to get him the ball have taken their toll on the receiver.
"Certain days, I'm up, some days, I'm down," Fitzgerald said Thursday. "I'm human, I have my ups and downs but I try my best to be a professional every day in coming here to work and give my best."
During his career, Fitzgerald has had 67 games (including playoffs) where he's caught at least six passes for 67 yards, so it must be difficult to accept the fact that there is such difficulty for Cardinal quarterbacks to find him and get the ball in his hands. But the seasoned veteran is doing his best to stay focused and positive.
"It would be easy to hang your head and be disappointed but as a teammate, you can't do that," he said. "You've got to continue to keep practicing and working hard and trying to improve. So that's my mindset every day.
"I never feel sorry for myself. It is what it is. I can only control what I can control and that's my effort every single day."
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.