Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 5:23 pm
Arizona Cardinals make trio of practice squad moves
The team confirmed an earlier report that it has signed free agent running back Foswhitt Whittaker and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin to the practice squad.
In a corresponding move, the team released tight end Steve Skelton from the practice squad.
Lumpkin played last Sunday against the Detroit Lions and recorded one tackle. He had previously spent the last two seasons on Arizona's practice squad after originally joining the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent from Kentucky in 2011.
Whitakker is a rookie out of Texas who was not drafted after suffering a knee injury his senior season. He played in 38 career games for the Longhorns and tallied 1,233 yards and 12 touchdowns. He was named first-team All-Big 12 in 2011 as a kick returner.
Skelton joined the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent following the 2011 NFL Draft. He is the brother of Cardinals quarterback John Skelton.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?