Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 9:58 am
Cardinals defense is rough on opposing QBs
His defense is hell on opposing quarterbacks.
ESPN.com's Mike Sando and ESPN Stats & Information crunched the numbers and the results are startling.
Of the 12 starting quarterbacks the Cardinals have faced this season, nine of the them have performed substantially lower than their season standard based on ESPN's Total QBR statistic. Only Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers, San Francisco's Alex Smith and Miami's Ryan Tannehill have performed better against Arizona than their respective season marks.
The 12 primary quarterbacks Arizona has faced to this point in the season have combined to complete 54.5 percent of their passes with 16 touchdowns, 21 interceptions and a 33.3 Total QBR score against the Cardinals.
Those same quarterbacks have completed 62.8 percent of their passes with 212 touchdowns, 112 picks and a 61.2 QBR score against everyone else.
It'll be interesting to keep an eye on what Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler can do against a recharged Cardinals defense Sunday.
In case you're wondering, Cutler's Total QBR for the year is 49.5 with 17 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.